August 13, 2019
15 Proven Benefits of Taking a Turmeric Supplement:
Turmeric Curcumin, the world’s most popular spice, has boasted a resounding reputation as an herbal supplement. This inflammation fighting extract includes various healing properties that lend to its ringing endorsement.
It was discovered thousands of years ago with the establishment of Ayurvedic Medicine. This Ancient Indian Medical System is based on a natural, holistic approach to wellness and healing.
This prized “Golden Herb” was commonly used in Traditional Medicine, supporting Joint Health, Digestion and overall energy in the body. The ingredient has recently become a valuable Wellness Supplement as much is revealed about its nutrient-rich properties.
Wondering exactly what Turmeric is? How to take Turmeric? Why it’s beneficial? We plan to divulge everything you need to know about this prized herb.
What is Turmeric Curcumin?
Turmeric is a Perennial-Flowering plant from the Ginger Family. This herbaceous plant is native to the Peninsula of Southeast Asia. It’s bred in warm climates, flourishing between 68- and 86-degrees Fahrenheit under properly irrigated conditions.
The nutritious power of this regal plant stems from its Rhizomes. This golden system of subterranean roots are where the plant stores its wealth of nutrients and plant properties. It contains hundreds of naturally occurring components such as Beta-Carotene, Flavonoids and other essential Vitamins and Minerals like Iron, Fiber, Potassium and Zinc.
However, the key active ingredient is Curcumin. This compound is what makes this herb so unique and what places it into an elite category.
15 Turmeric Curcumin Benefits:
1. Supports Heart Health: One founded study reveals that both Turmeric and aerobic exercise can equally improve the age-related decline of Endothelial function to support strong Heart Health. (NCBI)
2. Reduces Joint Inflammation: Flavonoids and other anti-inflammatory properties can help reduce inflammation in joints and promote flexibility. Most people choose to supplement with Turmeric for Inflammation.
3. Offers Mood Support: Research suggests that Curcumin is an effective mood supporting ingredient. A particular study provides clinical human evidence to support this claim. (NCBI)
4. Promotes Healthy-Aging: Curcumin has shown to promote a wide variety of aging initiatives like stable blood sugar, blood pressure and heart health.
5. Increases Antioxidant Capacity: It’s renowned for its anti-oxidative effects, neutralizing free radicals and boosting antioxidant capacity.
6. Strong Blood Sugar Support: There is ongoing research to support that antioxidant compounds in herbs like Turmeric can promote Healthy Blood Sugar Levels.
7. Supports your Immune System: The plethora of antioxidant compounds derived from its rhizomes provide strong support for your defense system.
8. Supports Cholesterol Balance: Turmeric can help promote good cholesterol while reducing bad cholesterol levels.
9. Offers Brain Support: Your brain needs vital nutrients for daily functionality. Turmeric contains naturally-occurring antioxidants and other brain supporting vitamins and minerals.
10. Reduces Digestive Inflammation: Anti-Inflammatory content in Curcumin has shown to help soothe the digestive tract during times of stress.
11. Promotes Healthier Skin: It’s also being used in various Skin Care products and home remedies to reduce swelling and promote a smooth and natural complexion. (WebMD)
Recommended Read: Brain Fog, Natural Ways you can rid it today
Finding the Right Turmeric Supplement:
Turmeric has been a best-selling herb in the supplement space and continues to flourish. Since its inception as an herbal supplement, innovation has paved the way for much advancement.
Some common product forms of Turmeric now available are Turmeric Pills, Herbal Tea, Turmeric Essential Oil, Powder, Proprietary Herbal Blends and more.
When identifying the perfect Turmeric Supplement to meet your health needs, there are many important factors to consider.
Quality sourcing, pure ingredients and safe manufacturing practices are important attributes to look for in your herbs. Preference will also help you to choose supplements you’re most comfortable taking. Looking for some of the best products to start your regiment?
4 Powerful Turmeric Supplements:
1. Standardized Turmeric: This Curcumin Complex is a proprietary blend of Curcuminoids enhanced with Black Pepper Extract for superior support. These Quick-Release Capsules are Non-GMO, Gluten-Free and contain no Artificial Flavor, Artificial Sweetener, or Preservatives. Looking for a no hassle, product? This is the best Turmeric Supplement for convenience.
2. Organic Turmeric Root: This is for all of the fans of raw bulk powders. Piping Rock’s Organic Turmeric Root include nothing but this gold powder, freshly packed and prepared for your benefit.
3. Turmeric Essential Oil: Need that grounding and stimulating earthy aroma in your routine? This Classic Indian Spice makes for a gratifying Essential Oil to complete your Aromatherapy set.
4. Turmeric Tea: Indulge in the soothing and satisfying refreshment of Turmeric Tea. Made without artificial colors, flavors, preservatives or sugars, a cup of this natural herb is perfect to start your morning.
Recommended Read: Top 5 Herbs for Maximum Wellness
7 Ways to Incorporate Turmeric into your Routine:
The versatility of this herb can’t be overlooked. There are so many different Turmeric Curcumin Uses and Turmeric Recipes to incorporate into your lifestyle. Its detoxifying properties add a nutritious bold flavor to any savory cuisine, or tonic drink.
Also, it’s become a staple to DIY Beauty products for its nourishing properties. It’s been proven an effective component to Skin Care and Hair Product for a clearer complexion and better shine.
Herbal Essential Oils have utilized potent botanicals sources to craft therapeutic and natural scents as part of Aromatherapy. Turmeric has become a staple scent that is featured in many blends for its earthy notes.
Thus, if you’re looking for the next herb to add to your collection for Healthy-Aging and Overall Wellness you must strongly consider Turmeric. It’s backed by research, tremendously versatile and easy to incorporate into your lifestyle.
Next Article: 15 Ways to Start your Day with Daily Turmeric